Evolvera
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Log inLog in  
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Welcome!!

Welcome to Evolvera, a friendly role play with many members from Horse Isles 1 & 2. We don't bite here, so if you stop by if you like and stick around a little while. The  overhaul is now officially complete and we are open for business, so feel free to join if you want. Don't feel awkward or anything, I know some people do, but we're not going eat you. =)

—Your Admin,
Emily ♥

EST. February 9, 2008

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Photobucket

Game Time
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

SUMMER
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

~* The Rules

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Emily
Admin
Emily

Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2008-02-19

~* The Rules  Empty
PostSubject: ~* The Rules    ~* The Rules  Icon_miniposted9th July 2010, 2:40 am

~* THE RULES *~

Yeah, I know, right about now you're sitting there going, "Ugh, I really don't feel like reading this." Trust me, it's okay, I don't even feel like reading the rules most of the time. But just last through it for a few paragraphs—sound good? Great.

——~*~——~*~——~*~——~*~——~*~——~*~——
Discussion Point No. 1: Joining
Joining is a pretty easy topic, to say the least. All there is to say is that make sure your user-name is appropriate (obviously), and that you make out a form to the best of your ability. Insufficient forms will be rejected, and we don't want that to happen, right? Don't be lazy, I know the form isn't always necessarily the best part of the whole charade, but it's necessary. This is why you get to make your own, so it's not the worst part. It shows individuality. Just like your characters should. Try not to make them too cliche`, okay? No one likes the perfect character, it's just annoying. No Mary Sues, or Marty Stus, kay? And, if when joining, you notice an abundance of, say, females over their male counterparts, trying to keep the genders even is a nice thing and would be appreciated.

Each account may also have one of each(one Guardian, one Extra, one Outsider) to it, so you may play three different characters. For those of you indecisive people, that probably helps **cough cough** admin **cough cough** Myles.

Discussion Point No. 2: Roleplay
When it comes to the actual roleplay, that's where the real rules come in. First off, no power-play. There is nothing more annoying, not even a Sue. Just remember, if your character isn't the one doing it, don't write it. As for swearing and content and all that fun stuff, I guess it depends on the people altogether as a whole. Judgment will be passed on that depending on where everyone is—if you mix, say, good innocent children who don't know anything about anything with old timin' Rpers, I'm sure we can find some sort of happy medium. In the meantime, if you want to give your topics a rating (much like they do for movies) that's fine.

As for realism and credibility, this is, obviously, a fantasy-genre roleplay, so not everything has the capability to actually happen in reality, but keep in mind that even in fantasy, some things are too far-fetched. Let's try to keep within a level of realism here, at least what is considered "real" in a world with magical horses. You're going to have to use your own discretion on this one most of the time, but I think y'all will be fine.

And, lastly for this topic, let's not have any one sentence posting. If you show a consistent pattern for small, inadequate posts, we will be having a little talk. You need to remember that no everyone is amazing at pulling things off the top of their head, and not everyone has a talent for rambling. Let's try to keep some action going so that everyone has something to reply to. Boring is not better, size does matter. So let's keep in mind: Long posts split into paragraphs with similar ideas, kay? Pretend you're writing a book. "I'm hungry," and "I kicked his butt so hard he yelped," would not go in the same paragraph.

Discussion Point No. 3: Etiquette
And, lastly, there comes the interaction with other players. This I shouldn't have to say too much about, considering if your parents all did a good job, they taught you proper manners and that violence is not the answer. Please, no fighting with anyone else. Be the bigger people and just calmly talk through your problems. And sometimes apologizing first doesn't make you a loser, it makes you the bigger person. Let's remember that. Not dissing the Mods or the Admins (or anybody for that matter). Don't beg to be either unless we say we're looking and you've been around for a reasonable amount of time. Then you can ask, but by then we'll probably already be considering you anyway. Play nice, and that's pretty much all I have left to say for the matter. Have fun. =D

—Your Head Admin,
Emily ♥

Back to top Go down
https://horseisleroleplay.rpg-board.net

~* The Rules
Page 1 of 1